Who do you now believe that MM would be targeting
by Tim Kelley (2018-04-15 18:55:45)

In reply to: Don't Really Know....  posted by dillon77

to compliment Peoples, Brunelle and Jackie for a year ? I've read your great contributions here. Just looking for an update. Thanks.

I'm not Dillon but here's my take for 2019.
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-04-15 20:07:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND is recruiting 6'1" Haley Jones (3-4), Leticia Amihere (athletic 4-5, though she is only 6'2") and 6'1" Francesca Belibi (3). As Dillon noted, they may be recruiting 6'4" Aliyah Boston (5) and since Muffet keeps recruiting close to the vest, there are probably others unknown to us.

The official visits just began recently for the 2019 class and Notre Dame has visited Belibi ("In addition to Brunelle and Peoples, the Irish have hosted four-star forward Fran Belibi of Colorado on an official visit.", link below), who recently listed her final four as Harvard, Notre Dame, Princeton and Stanford.

It is my (and Dillon's) guess that Notre Dame only gets 2 more in addition to Peoples and Brunelle, as the 2018 class has 4 freshman and 1 RS freshman (Vaughn), so the recruiting might get unbalanced if we have 10 in a 2-year period. Orangutan suggests that ND might go to 5 this year if the the recruits are too good to pass up. But the 2020 class looks amazing and ND is looking good there as well (if we keep slots open).

According to Lou Somogyi, Kierstan Bell is an ND prospect.
by MPG  (2018-04-15 22:58:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is from Canton Ohio and seems to be a similar player to Haley Jones, strong, skilled, and athletic. I agree with no more than four for 2019 because there are good prospects for 2020 with only Jackie Young scheduled to graduate that spring. Balance is another factor, although no one can predict injuries or transfers.

I’d add Breanna Beal to the 2019 list
by NDoggie78  (2018-04-15 21:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe we are still recruiting her as well

I wouldn’t,she’s more interested in others *
by nd67  (2018-04-15 23:07:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really haven't heard anything about her being associated
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-04-15 21:41:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with the Irish. She pulled for UConn when we played them a few years ago, so she seems unlikely. Maybe Dillon knows more, but I would think Haley Jones would be our top choice for wing. I really would like Amihere, as she is disruptive defensively, with long arms and great hops, but (presently) she's more an inside player, like a taller Gabby Williams. She would have to develop an outside game, which would be necessary for a 6'2" forward in the WNBA (most scouts consider her a 4, but where would she play in the Princeton?). Of course Jones and Amihere are highly coveted recruits, so it is unlikely that Notre Dame would be able to sign them. If Beal is interested, I think she would be a second or third option, as wing is an easy position to fill.

Agree Again on Beal. Aware of One Irish Visit....
by dillon77  (2018-04-16 08:11:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..to a "open house" her high school had last year, but absolutely nothing since then in regards to Ms. Beal. She's had a number of B1G schools visit her, most notably Michigan, and something seems right there.

ESPYs
by McLean_ND  (2018-04-15 20:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The story in the above link says "the Notre Dame Fighting Irish have earned ... an invite to the ESPY’s with a nomination for the team of the year." Hadn't seen any mention of that before. (The award show is in July)

Last year the Golden State Warriors won the award for the best team and the others that were contenders for the award were --
• Chicago Cubs – MLB
• Clemson Tigers – NCAA Division I FBS football
• Pittsburgh Penguins – NHL
• New England Patriots – NFL
• South Carolina Gamecocks - NCAA Division I women's basketball
• US Women's Gymnastics – Gymnastics

Agree with 'choke's post completely....
by dillon77  (2018-04-15 20:21:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as I run out the door for a dinner at my son's place!

Will ponder what little to add and do so upon my return or Monday morning.
But 4 sounds right and tight (2 more....) and Jones would be the one to keep pursuing.

Nice summary. Thanks. *
by Tim Kelley  (2018-04-15 20:20:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post