The Cold War is over
by Flanner89 (2018-04-15 19:22:40)

In reply to: Flanner?  posted by Homeboy73

I feel a special affinity for Grace ever since both dorms were converted to offices. I remember showing my first year room to my kids, “hey kids, this conference room used to be daddy’s room”
I can also admit after the fact how awesome it was to see the #1 sign lit on top of Grace my senior year for football.

Flanner-Grace
by Homeboy73  (2018-04-15 20:15:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good memories. My class was the first to move into Grace. Fall of 1969. Had to live in Cavanaugh for a month or so, until Grace was ready. Moving in, doors were still missing. But loved Grace. For Notre Dame’s first bowl game in many years (Cotton Bowl) we used a bed sheet to make a sign and hang it from our 9th floor window: “ND got longer horns than Texas”. The bad grammar was my fault. When I go back for reunions I visit our old rooms in Grace. The Finance folks on 10 (our second year) have brought Notre Dame to its AAA ratings.

I lived in Grace as well: 1982-86. Our tower dorms lacked
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-04-15 19:51:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

character (and cockroaches) but had AC. I think PE and PW had AC as well.

I was in Grace 1987-91 * *
by cbiebel  (2018-04-15 22:59:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

80-84 Grace *
by oggie  (2018-04-16 09:11:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post