Thanks for the link. I watched the game.
by sixtythreer (2018-04-16 15:12:48)
Edited on 2018-04-16 15:14:23

In reply to: USA U16 with Brunelle, Fudd, Bueckers, Clark vs. Canada (link)  posted by thethinman

Azzi Fudd looks terrific to me. Fast, shoots well from all over, and sticks tight to her man on defense. She is really strong bringing the ball up court; defenders bounce off her. Has Arike's mentality when she explodes to the hoop, but I think she is a tad faster. Lovely mid-range jumper.

Fun to watch Sam Brunelle, as well. Appears to have great court vision. Seems to be a willing passer. She made a number of fine passes to open teammates. Plays strong, and I think smart. Reminds me of Kat, but somewhat faster than Kat (who I loved). Rebounds and shoots well (from all over). We're really lucky to have her.

Paige Bueckers stood out as well. Good shooter, excellent body control, and she gets in for rebounds.
Aggressive. Any coach would love to have her.

Caitlin Clark reminded me of Marina - aggressive, tough and quick to get off her three-pointers.
Seems similar to Marina speed-wise.

I'd love to have all four of them.

Also was impressed by Aliyah Boston. Big, strong, a force on boards, and moved impressively well.

Zia Cooke also stood out. Fast and strong with ball, and when she finally shot some threes,
she hit 'em. You could see why she was with the starting five, but Azzi Fudd impressed me more.

I do not consider myself an "expert." What are your opinions?

Replies: