Could Go That Way, Too....
by dillon77 (2018-04-17 08:50:44)

In reply to: Agree with your notion  posted by BabaGhanouj

1) Anaya - PG/Guard
2) Sam - High Post (the Kat/Jess slot)
3) Haley - Wing

Post) - Would have Mik, Danielles and Sam. Wait until '20 and dig hard for Kylee Watson and/or Natalija Marshall.

On the other hand, MM could be enamored with the inside games of Laeticia Amihere and Fran Belibi to "hybrid" it.

Good choices, all. No?

Exactly, talent is talent, but, as others have said,
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-04-17 09:10:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it may be important to get a true post. It just seems like slim pickings in 2019. Boston or bust? Vaughn may be all we need. UConn did pretty well without a post, but saw the need against some teams. It will be interesting how it turns out. This is probably a good thing, but I'm starting to develop a slight concern (Did I put that meekly enough?) over an abundance of talent that won't play.

I Get That, Which Is Why MM Likes a Roster of 12...
by dillon77  (2018-04-17 10:03:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and I'm not totally against 11 (and a walk on) to keep a very talented roster interested and believing they can get PT in the right situation.

I'd be more concerned about another center in 2019, but Mik is a frosh, eligibility wise. Who knows if she'll use all four years, but that allows MM to find the right center or right player (can't stress that enough).

Besides, I think of Danielle Cosgrove as being something of a hybrid low/high post who can work with Mik and Sam.

On top of the '20 group of Watson and Marshall, remember the rush for DeBerry in 20121. Maybe that forward can play with this kid, Fudd. Ever hear of her?