Such a Wealth of Scoring Point Guards in 2020..
by dillon77 (2018-04-18 06:48:50)

In reply to: Boston, Bueckers, Brunelle, Van Lith on USA U18 team (link)  posted by thethinman

...with Paige Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith, Caitlin Clark and Ali Campbell.
All but Van Lith were at the Recruiting Event in October 2017 and would be they're the focus of MM and Niele's efforts. One reason: Van Lith is 5'7" and the others are taller (Clark and Campbell are both around 6'0").

And who knows what six teams Aliyah Boston (2019) has as her finalists? The 2019 post has been to Storrs (and the other way around to Worcester, her home town) often. (Heck, what is that, an hour drive?).

Driving distance
by RISteve  (2018-04-18 07:31:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Correct, Storrs is about an hour or so from Worcester.

Thoughts on a Recruitapalooza 2 this Fall. I wonder if a) ND is planning another gathering and/or b) do other schools also try and organize their own version? Obviously, the big football schools can plan around a big campus event, but I suspect schools like Uconn can piggyback on events such as Midnight Madness, etc

Just wondering...

We don't know for sure,
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-04-18 08:15:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least we don't know as much as the coaches about the effectiveness of Recruitapalooza, but I suspect it succeeded spectacularly well. It must be exceedingly hard to put together, but I would be shocked if it is not repeated, or at least tried again. Because many of the girls know each other from AAU or USA events, meeting together with parents for a Notre Dame weekend stirs each attendee's imagination of what might be. Who knew that American football would be relevant again? (/joke). I think the event was huge for the program.

Pretty Sure, Brunelle's Only Unofficial Trip to ND...
by dillon77  (2018-04-18 09:14:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.was Nielefest/Recruitapalooza. If that was the case, major "+" already. One mission accomplished...and hopefully more to happen.

Like you said, most of these players know each other. And now that group knows ND, with the HS juniors able to take officials (although the two juniors there -- Sam, Anaya -- are now committed). Could see one of these next fall, but even more so in 2019 to rekindle the memories of those who were here and add a few more for 2021, 2022.

Orangutan's study of where our recruits comes from (primarily midwest, with Mid-Atlantic) was certainly shown in that event. The exception was probably Sam, although wiht her travel schedule, she's a citizen of b-ball land!

But I'd think teams that want to reach out to a regional base would organize something like this....schools with new coaches, like UVA or Clemson. Or trying to make their way up, like Georgia Tech.

Ah, too much work...keep it at ND.

"If you can only visit the Notre Dame campus once,
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-04-18 09:31:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

come on Nielefest/Recruitapaloza weekend."

I Like That! Here's another....
by dillon77  (2018-04-18 10:38:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Come experience and enjoy our campus & traditions with family and friends...it's a great way to see if you want to join Notre Dame!"

Welcome to campus intro by Arike *
by RISteve  (2018-04-18 10:41:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post