Could be
by IrishHugo (2018-04-18 20:08:34)

In reply to: Shep!  posted by Traditionnevergraduates

If Brianna and Jessica stay healthy next year and play the high / low game to the max, which they will, ND coaches are going to have a shot at every “big” in the country for a few years. What Shepherd accomplished this year was amazing!

Jess AMF
by Homeboy73  (2018-04-18 20:30:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For Notre Dame WBB, no doubt at all. The best. Other sports? Humphrey? Danny Miller? Hansbrough? Eilers? Larry Moriarity? I’m sure there are some other candidates, but not for Notre Dame WBB.

Not really a large pool
by cbiebel  (2018-04-19 02:03:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND Women's Basketball has only had 2 transfers (3 if you want to include Anne Weese, but she was an academic transfer who later became a walk-on) and both of those were this year.

It's kind of like saying Natalie Achonwa was the best foreign player ND Women's Basketball has ever had.

Nat was the best foreign player ND ever had.
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-04-19 16:12:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I understand your point! :)

Job for Olson - Leahy Lads who transferred to ND
by SixShutouts66  (2018-04-18 22:35:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I couldn't find Olson's list of FB transfers to ND. The one that sticks out in my mind is George Connor, one of the top linemen ever at ND. Coach Leahy served in the Navy during WWII; and when he returned, he convinced some very good players to transfer into ND. The post WWII run of success was certainly helped by transfers.

Men's BBall-probably Ben Hansborough, 2011 Big East POY *
by Domerduck  (2018-04-18 22:49:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jess brought the Championship
by traditionnevergraduates  (2018-04-19 08:23:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see that with the other names.

George Connor was twice Consensus All-American.
by dfw  (2018-04-19 11:16:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Won two national titles, won the Outland Trophy in '47, is a member of both the college and pro football halls of fame.

Jess was great this year, but has a ways to go to catch George Connor on the best ND transfer list.

No Question
by LUKE  (2018-04-19 09:12:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She made the game easier for Marina, Arike & Jackie with her low post presence, passing, rebounding. Elite eight last year to NC this year. The difference SHEP!

thats why she is..
by traditionnevergraduates  (2018-04-19 09:44:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the best transfer of all time!

Certainly best bball xfr, men or women-George Conner should
by Domerduck  (2018-04-19 11:49:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trump her for football-but it was before many of our lifetimes. I would agree she is the best ND transfer in my lifetime...and I am a certified Senior at least with the railroad and US park service.