Can a 21 year old student keep a level head during
by foxrocks (click here to email the poster) (2018-04-19 13:39:09)

In reply to: Article in Washington Post on NCAA and Arike in DWS  posted by JFM86

all of this?

I worry about this a little *
by ufl  (2018-04-19 13:46:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Injuries are a common occurrence with
by irishwest  (2018-04-19 17:52:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this show. The practices ( many late hours) lead to injuries.. sprains, ankles/ etc which should be of concern. My wife and I watch it every year and while somewhat staged ( fan favorites get higher scores) there are many pros and stars with problems.

Lots of stress.. Hopefully she gets eliminated early.

The flip side of that...
by cbiebel  (2018-04-19 19:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even many of the athletes comment that the dance rehearsals and routines require a lot of physical work, and they get in even better shape.

Help me out. From start to winner, how long is this thing? * *
by Jon  (2018-04-19 18:18:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per the article linked in the original post, 4 weeks
by jbrown_9999  (2018-04-19 19:28:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That doesn’t mean, though, the four-week show won’t be stressful, although perhaps not as stressful as Notre Dame’s NCAA tournament run. The first episode airs a week before final exams begin.

A Notre Dame spokesman said Ogunbowale’s dance partner, Gleb Savchenko, accompanied by a camera crew, has relocated to South Bend, Ind., for rehearsals. The show’s wardrobe department has FaceTimed Ogunbowale to discuss costumes. The pair will fly each week to Los Angeles, paid for by the television network, to perform.

Practicing in South Bend, that’s good. She can catch up on
by 1NDGal  (2018-04-20 09:44:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

school. I thought she was in L.A., in which case she’d have to scrap all classes. Furst show airs April 30, but they start practicing immediately upon cast announcement.

I do worry about team chemistry, but we’ll just have to see.

Dancing improves balance and agility. DWTS could make her an even better player.

Yes, and my concern is that she is being singled out and if
by Slotts  (2018-04-19 16:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there was ever a team effort, this was it. I think each of the starters were the leading scorer at least once in the NCAA tourney. I think it is a little unfair to them and it could lead to some resentment internal issues.

Me too. Never watched the show. When is it all over?
by Jon  (2018-04-19 15:43:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Husky girls are probably already back in the lab.

I'd hate to see this eat into that time. From what I understood, she was Marina'a gym-rat buddy. That's part of why they took home the gold.

Good news - with the summer trip, lots of time together *
by NDoggie78  (2018-04-19 16:19:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post