I'd be more comfortable with Rico being a guest on SNL...
by Jon (2018-04-19 18:26:34)

..than this.

That's a 1-week distraction and you're done.

She needs to be concerned about the 2019 NC. That journey starts now.

Everything's weird about this.

"Not just a basketball player"
by dc_cyclocross  (2018-04-20 11:13:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Please remember these are college kids, with full lives. Arike mentioned in a post-tournament something to the effect that she "isn't just a basketball player. Basketball is just something I do".

They work hard and dedicate a lot of time to their sport. Why not have some fun and enjoy a special opportunity. It would also seem to have benefits for women's BB, ND BB, and her future marketability.

Four weeks, in April/May
by cbiebel  (2018-04-20 03:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of them during Finals Week.

How much basketball prep do you expect during these 4 weeks? It's not like the coaches can work with the players and there are regular practices.

The timing is fine for this, IMO. Summer session doesn't begin until Jun 18 (It will be done by then). Weight lifting most likely won't be affected. If anything, the dancing stuff might really help even more with keeping her in shape. Those routines are rather rigorous.

I agree. I don't think it'll be a problem. *
by SorinBasement  (2018-04-20 08:58:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post