I guess this defines an underdog based on 538 probabilities
by thed (2018-04-29 14:13:40)

Round 1 ND's chance to win the championship was a whopping 3%.
Round 2 down to 2%.
Round 3, the sweet 16, back up to 3%.
Round 4, elite 8, still 3%.
Final 4, it leaps to 5%.
Finals against MSST up to 45%.
And if you look at the in game probability ND was down big until The Shot.
So do we believe statistics or heart?

Are You Saying the Previous Year's Team Didn't Have Heart? *
by Charlibball  (2018-04-29 19:09:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by steelertom  (2018-04-30 09:59:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a stupid-ass question - trying to put words in another person's mouth.

Not at all. I was certain several previous teams would win
by thed  (2018-04-30 00:57:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It all and heart doesn't really describe it but I don't think there's an easy answer. After the Tennessee game I was certain this team would not lose again and I was shocked at the ACC championship game. But seeing them afterwards I knew they wouldn't lose again and I was right.

But how do you describe what they did compared to the predictions? I simply tried to give a label to the unlabelable. Sorry if I offended you.

No Offense Taken
by Charlibball  (2018-04-30 10:36:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's just that I believe to win any championship a number of things have to fall into place other then just heart or the will to win......skill, match ups, officiating and a bit of luck all come into play for almost any team to win unless their talent is so overwhelming that nothing else matters.......