A Different View
by MPG (2018-05-07 21:32:12)
Edited on 2018-05-07 21:33:52

In reply to: Just what I was hoping for—  posted by BabaGhanouj

Laeticia Amihere 7 just a hunch; time for the Nat Achonwa successor
Fran Belibi 6 why not start the ND version of Phi Slamma Jamma?
Haley Jones 5 time for a breakthrough in West Coast recruiting?
Aliyah Boston 2 not likely to land west of Storrs

One of Bueckers, Campbell, or Clark 9 (Red Robin Prophecy says Paige B.)
One of Marshall or Watson 7 I'll guess Marshall

You may be on to something.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-08 16:52:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We need at least one more in 2019, why not Laeticia Amihere? We know so little about her recruitment, but your hunch is backed up by her twitter page. She has at least two retweets by Sam Brunelle (who else?). One was Sam's announcement that she was committing to Notre Dame. I guess we all think Haley Jones is a toss up.

I also favor your 2020 idea that we most likely will get one of Bueckers, Campbell, and Clark. (We can always hope for two.) I like Marshall also.

All in all, it seems reasonable, not too greedy, and really puts us in good position for the years to come.

Yes, I am riding the Sam Brunelle express. She has the "It"
by MPG  (2018-05-08 18:16:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

combination of personality and leadership that will help some good prospects choose ND.

....Which Is One Reason Why I Don't Discount Boston....
by dillon77  (2018-05-08 19:15:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brunelle and Boston are also very tight (National Team, as well as that championship 3x3 team with Bueckers (who else) and Van Lith).

My gut says Boston stays geographically put in New England, but there could be a shot....courtesy of Sam.

Sam Brunelle and my new favorite quote.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-08 20:00:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here is the quote:
“For 37 years I’ve practiced fourteen hours a day, and now they call me a genius!”
Pablo de Sarasate, Famous Spanish Violinist and Composer

Here is the Sam Brunelle part which I had trouble embedding.