Question
by 65domer (2018-05-11 21:53:17)

In reply to: Thanks, very nicely done.  posted by BabaGhanouj

Is Sam B. guilty of taking steps before she shoots her long jump shots?

Good eye! Yes, after reviewing that practice video
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-12 06:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where she takes the "just for fun" long jump shots, I would agree that, at least on the last 2 of the 3, she moves her left (as well as her right). Plus, the first practice three shown in this video (about 40 seconds in) appears to be a travel. The good news is that I went back to review game footage and, even on her long threes, she doesn't come close to a travel.

Fudd did the same thing
by dbcsmith  (2018-05-12 19:16:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

also noticed a couple of players from Oregon and MSU did the same thing only in games and it was not called.

I think you are right
by 65domer  (2018-05-12 20:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When they receive a pass both players seem to take a two-step hop prior to setting their feet for a jump shot. I may be wrong but I think that was called on an Oregon player but there was more than one occasion when it was not called.

Nurse's layup near the end of regulation *
by cbiebel  (2018-05-13 22:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nurse does the “hop” on her 3 point shots too
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-13 22:42:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It doesn’t seem to be called often in women’s b-ball. I assume it came about when they were younger girls and needed the impetus to get the ball to the hoop on longer shots