Artist concept of the new basketball facility
by Dave Winkler (2018-05-15 11:13:41)

in case you did not see this. Click on the picture of the 3 rows of blue seats and you can scroll through half a dozen views of different rooms/areas. If the actual is anything close to the concept this is going to be very, very nice. Long time in coming but I think ND really got this right.

The article says they plan to finish in time for the start of practice which I believe is October 1. Hopefully they have use of the courts well before then.

2001 and 2018 not in the picture
by traditionnevergraduates  (2018-05-18 21:00:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yo

That is truly outstanding! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2018-05-15 12:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gorgeous. I didn't see a lot of courts though! *
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-05-15 12:12:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think what you see is one-half of the total
by Dave Winkler  (2018-05-15 12:21:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Each team gets a full court and several half-courts.

Correct, this was in El Kabong's article
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-15 12:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"How Sweet It Is"

Click on floor plans to see layout (See "Lower Level" for courts)
There is one fullcourt and 3 half courts for Men and a mirror image on other side of the wall for Women.

Almost ALL facilities are duplicated and equal for Men and Women

Edit: added image

For some reason the walls look closer to the court
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-05-15 13:03:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the artist's rendering than they do in the blueprint.

Neither plan nor rendering are construction drawings
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-15 16:32:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the rendering, it appears we are looking at upper right hand corner on plan view - South Practice Court (windows on both walls indicating outside walls). On the plan view, their are storage rooms not shown in the rendering. I would guess that the plan is closer to actual than the rendering. The plan is to build from whereas the rendering is just to convey the idea.

That being said, neither represents the construction drawings or the likely finished product, but it does look nice and hopefully turns out that way.