ND doesn't usually release it until very late (like Sept)
by cbiebel (2018-05-18 15:35:12)
Edited on 2018-05-18 15:37:51

In reply to: Is ND's 2018/19 Schedule Out Yet?  posted by Charlibball

They might mention a few games or even list the nonconference games, but ND usually doesn't officially release it until it's been approved by the Faculty Senate. I used to make a game of it by searching for the schedules of likely opponents and seeing if they mention ND. I can try to make some educated guesses.

Considering that ND's conference schedule was actually not favorable last year (at Louisville, at FSU, at Duke), they should have a bit more favorable setup this year. The trickier likely road games in conference are NC St., Syracuse, Miami, and Va Tech (I have a feeling that they're going to be on the rise with their new coach).

As far as OOC games, ND had a killer road OOC schedule last year, too. After opening with an easy game at home, they had 7 games away from home (some neutral court), including true road games against Oregon St., Michigan, and UConn. I think ND might be playing those 2 of those 3 teams next year (definitely UConn, but OSU wasn't on the schedule the year before last). Michigan was part of the "ACC/Big 10 challenge". ND hosted Tennessee, but I'm not sure if that series is being renewed. ND usually plays DePaul, and if so, that will be a road game. ND hosted Marquette for the first time since leaving the BE, so that might be a home and home setup. Western Kentucky also doesn't have a previous game, so that might be a home game for ND. Penn also hasn't been balanced yet with a home game. ND hosted Michigan St. but that was the 2nd part of a home and home, so there's no guarantee that's going to continue.

Of course, the return game for these series might not be next year (sometimes they skip a year).

So basically, OOC my guess based on last year's schedule:

Confirmed:
UConn
A Big 10 team (ACC/Big 10 Challenge)

Probable:
DePaul
Oregon St.
Marquette
W. Kentucky
Penn

Possible:
Tennessee

ND was in Gulf Coast Showcase (where they played USF and South Carolina). I don't know what kind of tournament they might play in this year.