The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting—Peter Abelard
by BabaGhanouj (2018-05-18 22:03:45)
Edited on 2018-05-18 22:14:36

In reply to: Even UConn's True Believers Have Some Doubts  posted by Charlibball

Doubt leads to questioning which leads to wisdom. By the way the story of Heloise and Abelard is not only a poem by Pope (where the line "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" comes from) but one of the most fascinating tales ever, and, not only is it true, but it takes place in the 12th century.

Anyway, UConn's 'possible' lineup is also fascinating. I now understand the injury concerns and I definitely share cbiebel's point about experience. It is huge. I'm trying to quantify how huge. But indulge me for a second on what may be, if all goes well, perhaps an historic line-up by UConn. Assuming all injuries heal properly—I realize that may be a questionable assumption (but not as questionable as Shepard getting clearance)—UConn could have a floor seven of Samuelson, Collier, Dangerfield, Walker, Coombs, Williams, and Nelson-Ododa. Six of those seven have an average rating of 5 or under. Coombs' average is 14.0 and only because Prospects ranked her 31st.

Six out of seven in the top 5! and the seventh ranked 14th—has that ever happened before in women's college basketball? We often worry about the wrong things, like terrorist attacks or plane crashes, instead of driving to the airport. UConn may have many worries, but recruiting, at the moment, is not one of them.

Replies: