Fine, Gulich > Brown, still both > Mccowan, who was a prob *
by Jon (2018-05-23 10:37:12)

In reply to: If Brown is so good...  posted by Orangutan

This user did not provide content for this post

ND beat Gulich and Oregon State in regular season
by Orangutan  (2018-05-23 11:08:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm don't necessarily believe Brown is better than McCowan. McCowan is a better rebounder and shot-blocker.

Regardless, both were beatable last year. Brown got outplayed in the tourney by a player, Gulich, who ND held to 10 pts, 9 rebounds.

The games ND has lost in recent years have not been to teams with massive centers like Brown or McCowan. UConn hasn't had a true center since Dolson. Louisville doesn't a have a true center. We've had more problems with versatile 6-2 and 6-3 players like Myisha Hines-Allen or Stanford's Erica McCall.

We have the starting center from our national championship team returning plus an All-American center returning from injury. Why should we be worried?

Hines-Allen was one of the most difficult opponents I can
by drmurray  (2018-05-23 12:50:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

remember. She always played well against us.

I respect her game quite a bit.

To hear you, we'll have the best inside game in the country.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-23 12:42:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh wait, we will have the best inside game in the country!

Our outside game ain't bad either. *
by SorinBasement  (2018-05-23 13:43:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post