Here we go...overnight visit news and it is big news!!
by RISteve (2018-05-27 09:07:15)
Edited on 2018-05-27 09:10:11

''Tis the season. Some familiar names here. Hopefully, we can impress a few of them.

From ND Hoops Recruits:

WBB: Blue-Gold Illustrated says 2019's 6-4 Aliyah Boston, 6-3 Laeticia Amihere, & 6-1 Haley Jones have OVs set to ND in September. All are 5*, top 10 in class.

There is more--Haley Jones article, also courtesy of ND Hoops Recruits

Link, below:

Some Pull-Outs from the Article; Thoughts on News
by dillon77  (2018-05-27 10:36:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Carl Adamec, who covers UConn, did a pretty good job of looking at the Haley-Jones situation from an overall persepctive.

CURRENT LIST OF CONSIDEREES:

Jones, who turned 17 this week, has had home visits with nine schools: UConn, California, Louisville, Notre Dame, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford, Texas, and UCLA. She will cut the list to five and do another round of home visits. She said she has not planned or scheduled any official visits.

Her unofficial visit to UConn followed a trip to Virginia to take part in the Boo Williams Invitational.
WHAT SHE'S LOOKING FOR:

"I basically ask the same questions everywhere that I visit," Jones said.

"One of the main things I'm looking for is team chemistry," she added. "When I take a visit I want to spend time with the team and get to know them and see whether I can see myself with that program. I'm looking at the coaching staffs because you're going to be coached by these people every day for four years. And I'm looking what the school has to offer after basketball because your career can only go so far. Academics are important."

THOUGHTS ON JONES:
- So far, a lot of the usual suspects on the consideree list.
- Great to have her come for an unofficial visit. There has been talk about whether she'd leave the left coast. Using one of her five OV's is a good sign...ND is in the ballgame!
- Like Baba says, she's having a heck of a trails so far, very much trying to make the team this time around. The other people getting consistent noise are Azzi Fudd and "Pistol Paige" Bueckers, a phrase we've used on this board before I (pat ourselves on the back or old floppy grey socks, folks).

Also think this news that Jones, Anmihere and Boston are coming for OV's is it for Class of 2019 until they come to South Bend. MM is setting her sights very high -- appropriately -- to find players to join Sam and Anaya. Only the best.

Will pay hard attention to where else those three are visiting this fall.

Also keep track of 2020 sightings this summer.

Will update the Database shortly.

If you scroll down on that same link, there is also an
by MPG  (2018-05-27 14:45:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Aliyah Boston article.

From the many reports from the U17 trials' banquet,
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-27 09:58:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Haley Jones has emerged as the one receiving the extra helping of praise—her and the indomitable Pistol Paige, as some are calling her. Aliyah is not far behind in praise. Great that all three of those girls (Aliyah, Laeticia, and Haley) are coming on official visits. Maybe they will be part of the 2nd annual Nielefest/Recruitapalooza.

Perhaps they will all visit on the same weekend with Sam
by MPG  (2018-05-27 12:38:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brunelle, Anaya Peoples, and a ceremony honoring the championship team during the football game. Yes, I am sure that Pistol Paige and Azzi would also be invited for unofficials. And the new practice facility should be ready as well!

Planets aligning. Would be prefect. *
by Tim Kelley  (2018-05-27 18:44:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post