A big concern for me currently with the recruiting of Paige
by BabaGhanouj (2018-05-28 08:16:00)
Edited on 2018-05-28 08:20:41

In reply to: Prospects Nation on "Pistol" Paige Bueckers...  posted by dillon77

is that previously I could see her being a combo guard. With all the incredible reports and video clips coming out of the U17 trials, she may be best suited as a point guard. My concern is that with Gilbert, Nixon, and Peoples, and with the recruiting of Clark and Campbell, there is a logjam, or at least a perceived logjam of talented point guards. Additionally, most point guards, not withstanding Anaya's statement, have a real desire to play the point.

A nice problem to have, but we may be cursed with an overabundance of talent. Unfortunately, I see Paige as special among the specials. It would be a shame to lose her because we have such other outstanding talent.

Player and team chemistry would/will be key. So much would
by Tim Kelley  (2018-05-28 09:56:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

depend on the personalities of the players. I'm not sure what the issues were with Patberg and Boley, but no one wants transfers, especially early ones, due to "compatibility" problems.

Alternate "Lead" Responsibilities....
by dillon77  (2018-05-28 09:38:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in much the same way that Muffet did with Mabrina and (mostly) Jackie this year.

The only point guard I see locked into the PG slot per se is Jordan Nixon; in part, due to her height. However, Peoples and Gilbert can play off ball.
It will certainly help against teams that like to press having multiple guards able to break a press with either their passing or dribbling ability.

The multiple-guard offense and MM's desire to "push it up-court" is a draw for guards like "Pistol Paige" and Jordan.

With the Princeton offense that Muffet runs, the
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-05-28 12:02:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

only responsibility that falls primarily on the PG is bring the ball up and calling the play. After that, everyone passes and everyone shoots. Fast breaks can be started by anyone, and anyone can lead the team in assists in any given game. I don't think there would be too much difficulty in overlapping skills as long as the team had good chemistry.