Final 18 (link)
by Mike (2018-05-28 11:03:20)

Thanks.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-28 11:36:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here are the results for the Heavenly Eleven:

Makes: Paige Bueckers, Allison Campbell, Azzi Fudd, Samantha Brunelle
Misses: Caitlin Clark, Sydney Parrish, Maddie Burke, Kylee Watson, Natalija Marshall

Note that 6 more will be cut Wednesday evening after a few more practices. But the question/intrigue of how Allison Campbell would do is being dramatically answered.

(Anaya Peoples trying out for U18 and Matyson Wilke did not participate.)

I read a report that said that Caitlin's jumper was not
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-05-28 11:58:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

falling these past few days. It happens. But I still want Clark! I read good things about Parrish as well, but she didn't make it either.

And among those who remain, Notre Dame is actively recruiting Boston, Jones, and Gusters.

Re: "Actively Recruiting"...Think Bueckers Falls In That...
by dillon77  (2018-05-28 12:45:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...category, too.

I still like Clark, too. One can have an "off day" or "tryout," but she brings so much to the table. The committee seems to very much like what Zia Cooke does and Van Lith blasted her way into consideration, as well.

Parrish looks to have run into a numbers game, as well. One person who might've knocked her out of consideration is Alli Campbell, who didn't get a lot of twitter or press write-ups, but obviously impressed the coaching committee.

I think F_A meant other than the Heavenly Eleven. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-28 12:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Purple Nightshade is correct. I meant the players who
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-05-28 15:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

didn't attend the initial Nielefest (aka Recruitapalooza I) who are nevertheless being recruiting by the defending National Champions.

Glad To Count on the Levantine Starter for Clarification
by dillon77  (2018-05-28 16:59:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Makes all the sense in the world!

There's a lot of excellent prospects in all three of these grades, although I guess the focus will be on guards/wings in 2020 (depending on how things go with Haley Jones in 2019).

Stat tuned and keep the Baba Ghanouj coming!