Tourney Aug 1-7 - does this work with our planned Euro trip? *
by Goirish01 (2018-05-29 10:13:01)

In reply to: Nixon,Peoples, and Prohaska make U18 Team (link)  posted by brianant

This user did not provide content for this post

Here is a tweet from NDHoopsRecruits on the topic
by RISteve  (2018-05-30 20:53:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they go with the U-18 team.

From NDHoopsRecruits:

WBB: Interesting conundrum. @ndwbb foreign tour is July 31 - Aug. 9. USA National U-18 tourney is Aug. 1 - 7. Which will it be for incoming frosh Abby Prohaska & Jordan Nixon? My guess is U-18. #GodCountryNotreDame.

That sounds reasonable.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-31 08:35:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Abby and Jordan will trade a European trip for an Americas trip. In this case "country" is more prestigious than "Notre Dame". The two will have four years to create friendships at Notre Dame, so the short time to create friendships while playing for USA basketball will be precious.

Unfortunately this will most likely put a crimp in Coach McGraw's plan to get Jordan experience with running the Irish offense. Recall when Lindsay was a freshman and won the point guard position during the European trip.

No, it seems to overlap with the ND trip which reportedly
by MPG  (2018-05-30 15:59:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ends on August 9. I think I read that the USA practices begin on July 20. Abby and Jordan will likely opt for the USA experience, but will miss the extra ND practices that occur before the trip.