I'm sad that Alli and Hannah were not selected but
by Fighting_Artichoke (2018-05-30 19:57:02)

In reply to: U17 twelve selected.  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

pleased that Sam, Haley, Aliyah, Paige and Azzi were.

That group would complete 2019 and good start on 2020 & 2021
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-31 08:59:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Recruiting classes which would make UConn jealous. 4 in 2019 is probably more than MM would normally take, but I don't know how you could pass on Jones and Boston if they wanted to come.

Amazing what this year's Irish have done - the one enticement UConn could always use, "Come to Storrs and win championships", is now in ND's pocket as well.

Coach McGraw
by Homeboy73  (2018-05-31 10:17:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just met coaches McGraw and Ivey at breakfast at the Morris Inn (here for reunion). They could not have been more gracious and were very upbeat about next year. Great people and fantastic representatives of Notre Dame.

How was the wedding? *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-05-31 10:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Muffet enjoyed it.
by Homeboy73  (2018-05-31 10:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In Paris. Sounded like it went well.

Enjoy Reunion!
by dillon77  (2018-05-31 10:51:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I went to my 40th last year and had a blast (of course, we were blessed with four unnaturally good days of weather).

Try to get over to the Crossroads Project...I attended a number of events there two weeks ago during graduation weekend. Given all the hoopla (positive and negative) surrounding the project, I didn't know what to expect, but I thought all the spaces I visited were well-done both design-wise and construction-wise, served a good purpose and looked good for a long run. Look forward to your thoughts.

Thank you. So far so good.
by Homeboy73  (2018-05-31 11:03:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s a wee bit hot and muggy here, especially after a chillier and wet May in Montclair. Crossroads is huge. You can barely tell there is a stadium somewhere in there. The outside look is odd, scale too large. The indoor areas I’ve seen so far look really good.

I Agree with You....
by dillon77  (2018-05-31 11:49:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on outdoor look/scale versus inside, as does my arkie son (also an alum..ND '12).
My next-door neighbor in Upper Montclair is out for his 35th, confirming my thought that Montclair is part of a "underground railroad" for alums.

Once again, enjoy!

Little Surprised So Many Point/Combo Guards Were Taken...
by dillon77  (2018-05-30 22:58:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...with Bueckers, Cooke, Osborne and Van Lith. One can probably swing Bueckers over to off-guard from time to time, but that's still a challenge getting three 5'9"(Van Lith, Cooke, Osborne)ball handlers into the mix. Thought Jackson was going to make the team this year given her reported excellent play at the Trials, particularly after Diamond Miller didn't.

While I, too, would've liked to have seen Alli Campbell and or Hannah Gusters, making the Finalists list the first time they've been invited is a solid accomplishment and bodes well for the future for both.

Kudos to Sam, Pistol Paige and Azzi (as well as Fran Belibi, even though she chose the Farm). Good accomplishments to all of them. Go U.S.A.!