Watching this Haley Jones Video
by Dave Winkler (2018-06-04 21:59:40)

Let's see: She can drive to the basket, can use her off hand, shoots well from outside, good passer, constantly moving without the ball, is tenacious on D, rebounds, blocks shots, disrupts the opposing offense, plays all over the court, runs well. Also a 4.0 student. What did I miss? No wonder everyone wants her.

Something you missed (or didn't mention)
by NDoggie78  (2018-06-06 08:56:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reporter Aubrie Tolliver is cute

Can use her off hand?
by PWK2  (2018-06-05 16:01:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe she can, but at 28", she contorts an easy left handed layup into a difficult right handed shot.

There's also a play where she scores a left-handed
by Dave Winkler  (2018-06-05 20:26:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

layup off a fast break.

She does look Good. I swear, it's like a kid at Christmas, I
by Jon  (2018-06-05 10:51:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... want evrybody!

Consider UConn's formula
by Kayo  (2018-06-05 13:20:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't remember UConn having a 10-deep roster. The team always has great players, but the rotation never seems to be more than seven deep... seven deep in outstanding players but not so deep that great players aren't getting enough minutes to be happy.

I'm willing to be corrected if this hasn't been the case most of the time, but that's how it seems when I've see UConn play.

There need to be some players on the roster who might not play heavy minutes until they are juniors and seniors... Madison Cable, Hannah Huffman, Ariel Braker. Some might become starters as their careers progress (Cable, Braker), and others might be regular rotation players off the bench (Huffman). Contributors. Important to the team's success. usually not stars.

Getting everybody might create problems that undermine team cohesiveness.

The team will return 1 starter (Young) in 19-20
by Ajax  (2018-06-05 13:52:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd think MM would want the most talent possible to compete for the 4 spots.

Just a guess on my part, but I believe Brunelle & Vaughn will be the 2 front court starters with the 2 Danielle's competing to be the 3rd big.

The PG and the wing spot opposite Jackie would seem wide open, but at worst Jones would the first sub off the bench as a frosh. More than likely she would be an immediate starter. This is not the same scenario as Megan Walker at UConn this past season.

Young W Sr
Brunelle P Fr
Vaughn P Jr*
Nixon PG So
Gilbert PG/W So
Jones W Fr
Prohaska W So
Patterson P Jr
Cosgrove P So
Peoples PG/W Fr

She sells programs before the game *
by 2ndstreeter  (2018-06-05 09:30:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Is the Go-To First Interview After the Game....
by dillon77  (2018-06-05 09:43:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...very good reason why she's in such demand. Still think the big question regarding Haley is around her leaving the West Coast. Perhaps hanging with other U.S. National Teammates (umm, Sam Brunelle) will get her to the outside door, then the trip to South Bend in beautiful September will open eyes!

There is precedent on her own HS team: Karisma Ortiz, a pretty darn good guard in her own right, is leaving No. Cali to go to Penn State under Coach Coquese Washington.

Wonderful player who could work with/under Jackie Young for a year before taking over the wing/big guard role for years. Very much crossing fingers and hoping good thoughts on this one.