ESPY Nominations Are Out
by McLean_ND (2018-06-20 15:18:06)
Edited on 2018-06-20 15:26:01

ND is nominated for a few --

Best Moment -- the win against Miss. State

Best Play -- Arike's shot to win the Miss. State game

Best Team -- ND women's basketball

Best WNBA Player -- Skylar

The event is July 18. Wonder if anyone from ND will go.

Since they include Arike and the WBB team, surprised
by txirish74  (2018-06-21 18:24:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that MM is not a candidate for Coach of the Year.

Assuming this isn't sarcasm...
by NDBass  (2018-06-21 19:30:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think you should Google the Best Coach nominees.

Not sarcasm....
by txirish74  (2018-06-21 19:58:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I looked at the link and saw three coaches nominated:Aaron Feis, Scott Beigel, and Chris Hixon. Got the same thing from Google. I hope I'm wrong.

Google each name.
by NDBass  (2018-06-21 23:05:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'll see why they were nominated. It has nothing to do with actual coaching.

Sky's a top 4 WNBA player now?
by ram  (2018-06-21 14:26:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

impressive

1st team All-WNBA last year, currently 3rd in ppg *
by Orangutan  (2018-06-21 14:39:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know how i am voting *
by RISteve  (2018-06-20 19:18:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We know how Holly Rowe Is voting too
by RISteve  (2018-06-21 12:56:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From Holly’s Twitter account:

“Just thinking about the @ESPYS and if @Arike_O game winning shot...or should I say BOTH game winning shots aren’t play of the year....it will be a travesty. IMO @ncaawbb @ndwbb”

Holly is lovable. *
by PWK2  (2018-06-21 13:49:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably won't win any, but .....
by NDoggie78  (2018-06-20 16:31:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you look at nominations/competition, we should (Best Moment could win)

Best Moment

Minnesota Vikings defeat the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship Game

Notre Dame defeats Mississippi State to win the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament

Las Vegas Golden Knights defeat Winnipeg Jets to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals

No. 16 University of Maryland-Baltimore County upsets No. 1 Virginia

Best Play (Top 16 into bracket for fan voting)

1. ND's Arike Ogunbowale hits 2nd buzzer beater to win NCAA women's national
title 

2. Minnesota Miracle: Stefon Diggs makes last-second TD Catch to send Vikings to NFC championship

3. Philly Special: Eagles fool Patriots with fourth-down TD toss to Foles

4. Alabama wins national title on 41-yard OT TD pass from Tua Tagovailoa to Devonta Smith

5. FSU's Jessie Warren makes diving double play in WCWS

6. LeBron James nails buzzer beater 3-pointer to beat the Pacers in Game 5 of Round 1

7. Evanston Township High school freshman Blake Peters hits 80-foot buzzer beater

8. Gareth Bale scores go-ahead bicycle kick goal in Champions League Final 

9. Cristiano Ronaldo scores bicycle kick goal against Juventus

10. Julian McGarvey makes last-second steal & heave to secure Ardsley High School's 1st Section 1 title in 60 years

11. LeBron floats a glass-kissing buzzer beater to beat Raptors in game 3 of round 2

12. Team USA's Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson scores the shootout winner to secure gold medal in women's hockey

13. Giannis Antetokounmpo leapfrog dunks on Tim Hardaway Jr

14. Acrobatic volleyball play from Autumn Finney out o

15. Golden Knights' William Karlsson goes through legs for 'goal of the year' contender 

16. Jordan Poole hits buzzer-beater to send Michigan to the Sweet 16s

Best Team

Houston Astros, MLB

Philadelphia Eagles, NFL

USA Women's Ice Hockey

Notre Dame Fighting Irish, NCAA Women's Basketball

Villanova Wildcats, NCAA Men's Basketball

Golden State Warriors, NBA

Washington Capitals, NHL

Best WNBA Player

Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx

Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks