Has Sydney Parrish been offered?
by Irish75 (2018-07-24 16:43:38)

In reply to: (very) incomplete list  posted by Orangutan

My guess would be she hasn’t. ND is probably waiting to see if Haley Jones commits.
I can’t imagine a high school forward from Indiana wouldn’t have already committed to ND if an offer was already on the table.

Parrish
by Orangutan  (2018-07-24 19:48:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if she's been offered.

Even if she had, this would be quite early for a commitment from a 2020.

I think Jackie Young was ours all the way and she committed in October of her junior year of high school. Around then is about the soonest I would expect to get any 2020 commitments. I don't know this for sure but I suspect offers are often made during September home visits.

Besides, Parrish will have many suitors. Competition will be stiff for her signature.

Jones.
by dillon77  (2018-07-24 21:21:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like others, I think Haley Jones is the go-to target for the wing position that Jackie Young currently plays. The competition for Ms. Jones, to say the least, is huge.

If she says "yes," I can't see ND offering another wing the year after.

If Haley goes to Stanford, UConn (or anywhere else that will offer her),
I could see ND then focusing on Ms. Parrish, Ms. Westbeld or even Ms. Campbell, the former smallish point guard who is now 6 ft. tall.

Stay tuned.

p.s. Like Orangutan, I don't think there are many offers out there for 2020s until after Class 2019 is done. However, I wouldn't blame MM for trying to get/keep Paige Bueckers and/or Caitlin Clark interested at any point in time.

Haven't we already offered Paige and Clark? *
by txirish74  (2018-07-25 20:55:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bueckers, Clark
by dillon77  (2018-07-26 07:53:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably have, but until a name is on the line for the requisite signing period, I don't consider anything a done deal.

I've read a few printed reports and/or gotten a few e-mails that we've offered Bueckers (like the one below) but have not seen media reports of actual offers on Clark (zounds of interest), although it's a pretty good bet we've done so.

Nonetheless, offers or commits either way are verbal and nothing binding until the signing period. And for these 2020's, that's November 2019, which is eternity in the life of a teenager.

So there's a lot of need to "keep" prospects continually interested. Kind of like a "retention" campaign, no?

As we've (maybe) seen with the Brunelle situation, there can also be situations -- depending on whom you believe -- when a school can change it's mind. Or when a player and school have different opinions on commitment?

Because of the numbers involved, this happens a boatload in football, but I can imagine it happening to teams that offer scholarships early and often.

Jones
by NOBBYDOMER  (2018-07-24 22:20:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watching the US17’s you realize how good she is. Strong, great handle, exceptional body control taking it to the hoop, and very good passing/assists. I know Fudd is everyone’s dream (different year/position) but Jones, for some reason, is my #1.

Jones
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-07-24 23:32:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not "for some reason", you gave a bunch of them, all of which I can verify from also watching the U17's. You are definitely viewing the same games I am, and I am in 100% agreement, though I can't single out a #1. (OK, I'm partial to Paige.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again (in a manner of speaking), this U17 team is double dope. And Haley Jones is a major reason. Her shot is money, her movement, poetry, and her versatility, "glue". She prances like a pony and is a thoroughbred down low. I seriously doubt she will come to South Bend, but whichever team signs the most from this U17 squad will have a big advantage for future national championships.