Bueckers, Clark
by dillon77 (2018-07-26 07:53:46)
Edited on 2018-07-26 08:21:29

In reply to: Haven't we already offered Paige and Clark? *  posted by txirish74

Probably have, but until a name is on the line for the requisite signing period, I don't consider anything a done deal.

I've read a few printed reports and/or gotten a few e-mails that we've offered Bueckers (like the one below) but have not seen media reports of actual offers on Clark (zounds of interest), although it's a pretty good bet we've done so.

Nonetheless, offers or commits either way are verbal and nothing binding until the signing period. And for these 2020's, that's November 2019, which is eternity in the life of a teenager.

So there's a lot of need to "keep" prospects continually interested. Kind of like a "retention" campaign, no?

As we've (maybe) seen with the Brunelle situation, there can also be situations -- depending on whom you believe -- when a school can change it's mind. Or when a player and school have different opinions on commitment?

Because of the numbers involved, this happens a boatload in football, but I can imagine it happening to teams that offer scholarships early and often.