Yesterday's semis and today's final vs. France
by BabaGhanouj (2018-07-29 09:34:56)

are only available on ESPN+ as far as I can make out. It costs $5/mo. to subscribe, but there is a 7 day free trial. I had a little trouble with Google email passwords, but was eventually able to sign up. I'll simply watch the two games (one left today) and cancel the subscription. None of these games I thought would be close (and neither will today's game IMHO), but this U17 team is a joy to watch.

Condensed Version now on u tube a good short watch * *
by NOBBYDOMER  (2018-07-29 16:47:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It looked like Sam only got to play part of the 4th qtr.
by Dennis  (2018-07-30 13:48:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was not alone in this regard.

There's an espn+? Don't like the sound of that. Wonder will
by Jon  (2018-07-29 11:30:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..will WBB type games end up being up that package.

Was Thinking/Fearing the Exact Same Thing....
by dillon77  (2018-07-29 13:02:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in regards to the ACC Network, which picks up all non-football sports incluidng WBB and Men's Lacrosse. Maybe we'll see what happens when women's soccer kicks off in early August with a slate of games.

Article on it...
by cbiebel  (2018-07-29 14:19:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN pushed back against that characterization in an email to MarketWatch, saying β€œthe majority of ESPN+ programming is new and additive to our existing networks.”

Specifically, ESPN+ will include college sports from smaller conferences such as the Big West and Ivy League, with most of the action from larger conferences, such as the Southeastern Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference, still restricted to cable subscribers;

Much of that content β€” a ton of small-college sports, tennis tournaments and many of the niche sports β€” was available to cable subscribers through WatchESPN, though some of it is new thanks to deals ESPN has announced in recent months, such as with MLS and Top Rank.

"available to cable subscribers". What exactly does
by Tim Kelley  (2018-07-29 14:31:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"subscribers" mean.....that for example you have DirecTv, Comcast or that you have subscribed to a certain package ?

The former
by cbiebel  (2018-07-29 16:19:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's like WatchESPN which often prompts you, at least the first time, for which cable system you use and then asks you to sign on with it. I've noticed in my present setup, it detects that I use Comcast for my internet, so it does the initial check automatically.

So, Will That Platform Still Be Employed?
by dillon77  (2018-07-29 17:18:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Namely, that if you have a cable provider (say, Comcast) that it will allow one to access whatever ESPN platform is being used to run these ACC Network?

Would sincerely hope so because we Comcasters already pay these sports usage fee on our Comcast bill.

They will slowly integrate ESPN3/Watch over to ESPN+....
by Wolfetone  (2018-07-30 10:48:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A couple of games this year, a few more next season,etc. The cable
companies must be getting a piece of the ESPN+ pie for carriage and
will be only too happy to accommodate ESPN. Then they will raise
the consumer price to 9.95 a month for ESPN+.

As far as I can tell from a few articles...
by cbiebel  (2018-07-29 22:26:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will be a bunch of content still on WatchESPN (or ESPN3 or whatever it's called now). Whether they will take some of the content that is normally on there and put it on ESPN+ or just add stuff to put on ESPN+, it's hard to say.

I think the ESPN+ might be more for the people who don't have cable, so that they can get access (and ESPN can get money from them, too).

That's what I was trying to find out. I have DirecTv,
by Tim Kelley  (2018-07-29 21:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but the issue is the same. If they continue with the past process, it'll be OK for me...and for you.