Caitlin Clark article
by RISteve (2018-07-30 20:51:18)

No hint on schools she prefers, but says a top 10 list will be announced in the Fall. UConn does not appear interested, at this point.

Link from ND Hoops Recruits

Link, below:

A Few Things Caught My Eye...
by dillon77  (2018-07-31 10:48:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Article: “Caitlin’s being recruited by virtually every university in the United States,” said Dickson Jensen (who coaches her AAU team), who noted nearly every major program in the country, save for Connecticut, has offered her."
- Reaction: Well, the way that's written, ND has probably offered her and that's one of the few times in print/hyper-space I've seen even an umbrella statement about ND.

- Article: "But Clark is in no rush. She estimated she’ll narrow her list down to a top 10 at some point in the fall, but didn’t hint to a frontrunner of any sort."
- Reaction: OK, just getting down to a Top Ten List (she and Bueckers have been in the news so often and for so long, you forget they're only going to be juniors in high school). Will be interesting to check that out.

- Article: “I’ve never really had a dream school,” she said. “I feel like whenever I’m ready to make that choice, I’ll have that gut feeling.”
- Reaction: Maybe it's time for a smaller, more intimate version of "Nielefest" for, say, Caitlin, Paige and Natalija Marshall. Ah sure, let's bring in Hannah Gusters. And if Haley Jones goes elsewhere, make sure to get Mady Westbeld, Sydney Parris and Alli Campbell back!

- The article states she's a 6-footer.
- Reaction: if that's even close to true, the concept of having a 6-footer be a floor general (alternating with 5'8" Jordan Nixon) would be stellar.

Stay tuned.

Frontrunners
by Orangutan  (2018-07-31 10:44:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If twitter is any indication (it was for Brunelle), ND and Oregon have to be considered the favorites.

Maybe ISU has a chance if she suddenly decides she wants to be close to home. But she cites wanting to go "somewhere that wins" and ISU was 14-17 last year.

Interesting....
by dillon77  (2018-07-31 11:13:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Sabrina Ionescu graduates in Spring 2020, so there is an opening for a "can do everything" guard in Eugene around that time.
Of course, it's recently been brought to my attention that Ionescu will turn 22 in 2019, so theoretically she could declare for the WNBA 2019 draft after this season. Stay tuned.

- Iowa State. Bill Fennelly, who has been ISU coach forever (and still is a member of MM's coaching tree), seemingly vacillates between just under .500 and 18-13 or so. He's got a very good frosh coming in, Ashley Joens, a 6-footer who is on the u18 team with Anaya.
And I think another member of Caitlin's Iowa Attack team is slated for Ames. Still, a big hmmmm.

- As I said in my other post on this thread, time to take many visits to Iowa to see Caitlin and get her back to the Bend.

Born in 2019?
by PWK2  (2018-07-31 14:25:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She has a tight handle for a zygote.

Turns 22 in 2019....
by dillon77  (2018-07-31 15:53:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

she'd be in some version of "Alien" if born in 2019!

by being born in 2019, she can make herself available for the draft and not that this appears to be talked about, you never know what her plans are. Remember, this is a player who waited until later than anyone to play for her ultimate college.