At one time, the men's game was the same way
by NDoggie78 (2018-08-03 12:51:25)

In reply to: Trigger warning — This post may be controversial.  posted by BabaGhanouj

Now there is more parity in the other countries. I guess I see these U-whatever as maybe expanding and developing the women's game internationally.

Other than that, there is currently better competition in AAU and other tournaments nationally. My only interest is to see how ND recruits perform

Tourneys benefit other countries and players
by SixShutouts66  (2018-08-03 17:32:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As you said other countries in Men's BB upgraded the quality of their game and played a style of ball that suited their talents. As I've said before, ND benefited from playing and being trounced initially by UCONN, and raising our game. Additionally this can be a showcase for foreign players seeking an opportunity for a college scholarship to the US.

I suspect the subdued demeanor of the US team is a deliberate attempt to not appear disrespectful of the other teams. Sportsmanship seems much more prevalent in women's sports.