Thanks for That Information! I Was Merely....
by dillon77 (2018-09-19 15:59:46)

In reply to: Ruth should be on that champ list (WNBA, NCAA, Gold medal)  posted by domerduck

...trying to capture active Domers, but -- hey -- anything on Ruth is AOK with me.

BTW, I also think Candace Parker is one fine player on all fronts (regardless of what anti-Parker folks think.).

Understood--I just was responding to the press release which
by domerduck  (2018-09-20 02:56:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stated "After helping the Seattle Storm capture the 2018 WNBA title, Stewart becomes the 11th athlete in history to have earned Olympic and World Cup gold medals, a WNBA title and NCAA Championship. The first 10 members of that exclusive group include 2018 USA teammates Bird, Griner and Taurasi; as well as Swin Cash, Tamika Catchings, Cynthia Cooper, Asjha Jones, Maya Moore, Sheryl Swoopes and Kara Wolters."

It's not clear to me why neither Ruth nor Parker got a chance to play in a World Cup which would have put them on that list. Since Ruth was on the 2004 Gold Medal Olympic team, I don't know why she wasn't on the 2002 WC team which won the World Cup or even 2006 where she could have made a difference since that team only got Bronze. Parker was on the 2008 & 2012 Olympic Gold medal teams so could have been on the 2010 and 2014 World Cup teams which the US won both.