How the game has changed since 1904
by cbiebel (2018-09-21 17:53:13)

Someone posted this link from the Library of Congress on another board. It shows a Women's Basketball game from 1904. It looks like it was the "half the team had to stay in each side of the court" type (3 permanent offensive players, 3 permanent defensive players. Can't let those ladies get winded running between baskets!)

Iowa moved to five-man girl's basketball around 1993, and
by sixtythreer  (2018-09-21 21:39:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oklahoma ,perhaps 2 years later.

Did the Alignment Get Modified to 2-2-2
by dillon77  (2018-09-21 18:55:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

later on? (Two defensive players, two offensive players and two who were allowed to go on both sides).

My mom played on her HS team while growing up in the late 30's/early 40s -- drum roll - Pottsville, Pa. (where Muffet was born) and I could've sworn she told me she was chosen to play the "middie" because she could, indeed, run.
Unfortunately, she's not with us anymore so I can't pick up the phone.

In any case, thanks for passing along.

That was pretty cool. Looked like they were having good fun *
by Jon  (2018-09-21 17:57:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post