Someone needs to make a commercial movie about last year
by Tim Kelley (2018-09-29 11:04:02)

In reply to: This past seasons unbelievable run.  posted by traditionnevergraduates

i.e. a real movie with actors. If well done it could have a sustaining impact as does Rudy. Everyone loves the injured underdog coming back against the odds. It would probably be more about the non-on-the -court happenings than actual basketball.

Baba could start a Go Fund Me project.

It would be a great movie
by Traditionnevergraduates  (2018-09-30 20:19:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A motivational lesson in never quitting.

ND corners the market on inspirational movies...
by cbiebel  (2018-09-30 03:15:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Knute Rochne, All American (Murray Sperber actually argued that it literally saved college athletics by providing an innocent view of sports to counter a lot of the corruption in college sports. Basically, it was the perfect propaganda film for the NCAA).

Rudy

Does any other school have films like this, let alone two?

BTW, I used to joke that a sequel to Rudy could be a Christy Grady movie (the student manager who suited up during the 1997 Final Four season). We could change that now to make it Kaitlin Cole.

I believe that the University fo Miami has an episode
by Tim Kelley  (2018-09-30 13:53:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in 30 for 30.

Yup. And Kaitlin and Mikayla Can Sing a Few Songs...
by dillon77  (2018-09-30 11:39:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..for the soundtrack. And Maureen Butler, who is supposed to be a talented pianist, can add some tracks, as well.

It would be a great movie
by Traditionnevergraduates  (2018-09-29 23:19:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A motivational lesson in never quitting.

Volunteer to play Ivey's faithful, dedicated love interest. *
by Jon  (2018-09-29 16:44:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get in line. *
by 1NDGal  (2018-09-30 01:04:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sally Field should play Muffet. *
by SB Jimbo  (2018-09-29 13:28:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would want to play Arike.
by PWK2  (2018-09-29 13:25:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Forget for a moment that I am a geriatric white guy who can't dribble without pulling a hamstring.

It would be a triumphant star turn and the capstone to my non-existent acting career.

I will make sandwiches for Marina. *
by pasteven  (2018-09-30 13:49:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is a compelling statement.. *
by Tim Kelley  (2018-09-29 15:16:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll only handle the "Yo Dunned Me" project if
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-09-29 13:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PWK2 stars as Arike. I also think he should write the script and suggest the real plot would be the launching of his (comedic?) acting career as it parallels Arike's basketball/celebrity arc. Perhaps we should look into using "The Disaster Artist" as a model.