OK, I'm posting this link before I even watch it.
by BabaGhanouj (2018-10-06 18:55:23)
Edited on 2018-10-06 18:55:46

A portion of the interview with Muffet McGraw is posted on @ndwbb. Here is a link to the full interview. I think it will be great.

Thanks. That was terrific *
by RISteve  (2018-10-07 19:45:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Baba, Thanks for posting. Well worth the 22 minutes. Nice
by domerduck  (2018-10-07 18:26:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

having the interviewer be a Goldman Sachs partner who is also an ND alum/fan, Katie Koch. She earned a BA, magna cum laude, in English and Economics at ND in 2002. She is impressive in her own right as she won the 2016 Money Management Executive's Women in Asset Management Award. She is also nominated for the 2018 International Investment Woman of the Year for Investment Week. You can hear her insights in this attached Bloomberg interview which I found fascinating being retired from a Silicon Valley company. (Amazing what you can find on the internet).

Katie did a great job asking Muffet questions that provided some great background from playing, how she coached, and women coaches. When talking about women being demanding held to a double standard between men and women it was interesting. I loved the media discussion and her quote that "they ask women how do you crouch in heels and I don't think they ask Geno that question." Lots more insights. I truly enjoyed it.

"Good to Great"
by ram  (2018-10-07 15:01:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read it about 15 years ago and required my entire staff to read it.

Written by a fellow HP guy Jim Collins, His first book was
by domerduck  (2018-10-07 16:42:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

also excellent: "Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies". We used both books at HP. Jim was hired by my good friend from HP marketing Andy Z. Jim left HP to teach at Stanford and HP used him as a consultant.

Glad to hear Muffet tout the Good to Great book in this speech at Goldman Sachs.

I almost fell off my chair when she mentioned it *
by ram  (2018-10-07 17:02:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow, before title IX, 90% of wom.sports coaches were women.
by Jon  (2018-10-07 14:52:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now that there's more $$, men are everywhere.

Makes ND's staff all the more special.

It's No Accident
by ricf28  (2018-10-07 14:03:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Muffet is a great coach. I coached girls basketball for 20 years. I would have benefited from her approach to the game. ND women are so fortunate to have MM and her staff.

WOW That may be the best MM interview ever! A MUST watch! *
by drmurray  (2018-10-07 13:59:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's such a class act! *
by goirish01  (2018-10-07 08:49:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post