I'm a little over the top, but I feel that in some ways
by BabaGhanouj (2018-10-18 16:15:41)
Edited on 2018-10-18 16:21:28

In reply to: your 2nd paragraph is interesting  posted by ram

that is the fundamental difference between the two programs. Each seeks excellence through different paths. Geno is the alpha male who needs to demonstrate how inadequate each incoming player is with regards to effort and knowledge of the game. Muffet is the facilitator who gives attention to each player. She doesn't waste time tearing down her pupils, but demands responsibility and accountability from the start. I realize I'm being a bit simplistic, but we do see examples of the differences all the time.

For example, here's a quote by Geno: "The kid that's not there anymore: she's not there anymore, because I didn't want her there anymore. It had nothing to do with her not liking it here, not fitting in, or playing time. I just didn't want her here anymore. We have a simple rule at Connecticut. This is what I want you to do. If you don't do it, I'm gonna remind you again. And if you don't do it, I'm gonna remind you again. Until a point I don't remind you, and you're not here anymore."

Replies: