Do you know what haunts me about that game?
by PWK2 (2018-10-18 17:17:10)

In reply to: I love how much that game bothers them  posted by Orangutan

After Arike made her freakish shot, we started celebrating at mid-court. There was a small amount of time left. UCON threw a floor-length pass just over Jessica's hands, who seemed to be the only one aware of the clock. KLS caught it and almost made a short shot. That's going off memory.

Yep, I found the cloud in that silver lining.

Everybody was where they were supposed to be.
by NDBass  (2018-10-19 12:15:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or at least close to it. They were all aware. The problem is that Marina hesitated slightly when she thought the ball was going to be tipped back towards her/KLS and the three point line. KLS kept going, which allowed her to get the ball when it was tipped towards the basket.

IIRC, it was a bank shot, but a bad angle *
by ram  (2018-10-18 19:54:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What haunts me...
by ufl  (2018-10-18 19:08:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..what if they had made that relatively easy shot at the end of regulation.

We would have spent all summer remembering that ND had a 5 point lead with about 20 seconds to play and let them score 7 in a row.

Last UConn Shot Attempt.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-19 10:50:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. Scary moment. I wasn’t sure if KLS got that last shot off in time. It was very close to being timely. Would it have counted if it went in? Thoughts?

I'm referring to the shot by WIlliams in regulation...
by ufl  (2018-10-19 11:53:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...it was definitely out of her hands in time.

Understood.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-19 12:45:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was referring to the last shot of the game.