C. Vivian Stringer *
by rjp172 (2018-10-21 01:49:17)

In reply to: Those have 3...  posted by cbiebel

This user did not provide content for this post

Good Call on C. Viv, Who Gets a "4" Here....
by dillon77  (2018-10-21 08:05:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

According to her Wikipedia post, Stringer is the first coach in NCAA history to lead three different schools to the NCAA Final Four. She did it with Rutgers (where she still is) in 2000 and 2007, the University of Iowa in 1993, and Cheyney State College (now Cheyney University of Pennsylvania) in 1982, the first year -- I believe -- this tourney was called the NCAA Tournament.

C. Viv, who many (including me) thought was on her way out to obsolescence,just had a big signing commitment from 6'4" Center Maori Davenport who played on the U18 National Team with with Anaya Peoples and was coached by the Louisville Coach. In fact, many thought she'd opt for the Cardinals. So, tip of the hat to C. Viv for signing away a top player from he who must not be named.

Oops!
by cbiebel  (2018-10-21 13:52:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I forgot her "3 at one school." The "going to Final Fours at different schools" is so rare, it completely slipped my mind.

It didn't help that we haven't heard much from her teams lately.

Wow! I knew 2 at Rutgers & 1 at Iowa, but Cheyney State? *
by domerduck  (2018-10-21 12:31:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cheyney is a historically black college. John Chaney
by Slotts  (2018-10-22 05:05:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who later went to Temple coached there for a lot of years on the men's side. I saw him coach a bunch vs. Bloomsburg State College when I was a kid.

Wow, what a question! I learned a lot.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-10-21 08:45:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My approach to quizzes is to figure out the answer the questioner has in mind. In this case, aside from not knowing most of these coaches you guys have mentioned, I was completely thrown off by cbiebel. But great question!

Always Fun When Some "off the top of your head" ...
by dillon77  (2018-10-21 13:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..questions can take on a great life of their own. Fun exercise.
I have not thought of Cathy Rush and Margaret Wade in ages. And with the commitment of Maori Davenport, C. Viv has now made boards for the first time in ages in a positive sense.

Agree, a lot of fun…thanks cbiebel et al. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-10-21 13:39:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post