I didn't get the big role they gave Adam Amin
by TWO (2018-10-22 13:58:21)

In reply to: Thoughts on "This Is What We Do"?  posted by NDLAW88

I mean I know of no connection between ND and the WBB program and Amin other than he's a TV play by play guy who did the final four.

Not to mention he wasn't very good.

I enjoyed it though and was glad somebody here posted about it's time so I could record it.

He wasn't very good? I thought he was great calling the
by Slotts  (2018-10-22 14:33:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

games.

Amin.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-22 19:23:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The shots of Amin, Lawson and Lobo at the end of both the UConn and MSU games were great. Made me a fan of Amin. Watching his calls for the wins, his dropping the mike (his pen), and watching Lobo’s expressions and body contortions next to Lawson’s stone face and rigid posture, but with eyes darting and following the action, were classics.

He was amazing! *
by Goirish01  (2018-10-22 15:43:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also thought he was terrific in the final four. Loved
by Tim Kelley  (2018-10-22 14:52:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the shots of him just slumping in his chair in silence when Arike made her shots, letting the TV audience take in the pandemonium without interruption.

I meant his role in the show, I agree he was excellent
by TWO  (2018-10-22 14:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as the play by play guy for the final four.

He created some objectivity, not having an ND coach/player. *
by domerduck  (2018-10-24 14:29:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought he was direct and to the point in the presentation
by Slotts  (2018-10-22 15:58:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but, like I said below, they left a lot of points on the field. I really think it could have been so much better. I would have like to heard more from Beth Morgan-Cunningham. As Muffet said, Beth is the most analytical and calm.