I hope this changes when Marina comes back,
by SorinBasement (2018-11-12 21:14:18)

but I don't like the offense forcing the ball down low. We did that too much a couple of years ago, and wasted too many possessions. We've got prolific scorers at every position. It would be better to focus on good ball movement and making that extra pass to get the best shot. Also, Jackie has to be more assertive trying to score. When she shoots she's productive, but when she forces the ball down low she turns the ball over.

We look good in transition, but our half court offense needs work.

A lot of that is underclassmen deferring to upperclassmen.
by ndbutch  (2018-11-14 12:00:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They'll attempt a pass even if it really isn't there if an older player calls for it. I can recall T. Reimer having a lot of turnovers like that as Freshman. Jackie was the culprit a few times Monday. On some the pass was just inaccurate. Also B. Turner and J. Sheppard missed enough bunnies to make things appear even worse.

Penn also had a very good zone. Mabrey will help with that. But I think it's going to be a high turnover team because of style. They're going to push the ball.