Question for the recruiting experts.
by Sbswarm (2018-11-14 14:52:11)

In reply to: Early Signing Period Update - Nov. 14th  posted by dillon77

Has Coach McGraw ever received a commitment from a high profile recruit on signing day? Or after? I cannot recall one recently, though I think Arike committed kind of late in the process.
I'm wondering if I should temper my expectations at this point, if after all, it's rarely occurred in the past, it's not likely to happen in the future. Especially, it seems, when we're recruiting against other major programs.

Good question (or maybe inopportune question)
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-11-14 15:38:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know Jordan Nixon was late in the process, but I don't think it was during the signing period. Often those are top candidates and we don't often get top candidates (1-5) but we do have one this year. When did Skylar sign?

Jordan Nixon- Wasn’t she recruited
by Homeboy73  (2018-11-14 16:28:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

late in the process, after Jenna Brown decomitted from Notre Dame? I may be wrong.

Nixon
by Orangutan  (2018-11-14 16:55:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to know how long we were recruiting for. But she committed Sept. 30. So still over a month before the early signing period.

Thanks. She does look like she will be good. *
by Homeboy73  (2018-11-14 18:17:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe that Skylar signed on the last day possible. *
by Dennis  (2018-11-14 16:07:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She signed on 11/19/2008 *
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-11-14 16:31:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So we do have some history of getting top recruits during
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-11-14 16:58:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the signing period.

Of course. Skylar. Can't believe I forgot about the biggest
by Sbswarm  (2018-11-14 19:14:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of big fish. I will remain cautiously optimistic about our chances at a three player class. Thanks everyone.

Skylar was a unique situation as a local star who was an
by MPG  (2018-11-14 21:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND lean. She attended a game on the Tuesday night before the end of the signing period. I saw her exchanging hugs with Niele and Muffet after the game, so I figured that she had chosen ND.