Look to the past...
by cbiebel (2018-11-15 18:26:50)
Edited on 2018-11-15 18:27:18

In reply to: ND recruiting article on UND.com  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

Here is a link to an article from Nov 12, 2008:

Kaila Turner Signs National Letter Of Intent To Attend Notre Dame In 2009-10

See any mention of "waiting to hear from any other recruits?" No?

Well, 8 days later they posted this article:

Skylar Diggins Signs National Letter Of Intent To Attend Notre Dame In 2009-10

My guess is that they don't want to run afoul of the NCAA recruiting rules.

And Here's Another Example That Was Open-Ended...
by dillon77  (2018-11-15 18:56:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND put out the linked release on Nov. 9th, 2016 to announce that Danielle Patterson and Mikayla Vaughn had signed. It didn't say this was it or if anyone else was being considered.

But they were: On Nov. 10th, Megan Walker went to UConn and Evina Westbrook chose UTenn.

So, it can go both ways. So maybe MM and ND decided to get the very good news out up front and see what happens.

And, like you said, I think it's open ended to keep in line with NCAA regs or some kind of understood recruiting protocol.

Still, crossing fingers for Boston and I'll happily be the shocked guy if Jones announces she's coming to S. Bend. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, welcome Anaya and Sam! Go Irish!

Quite interesting, thanks. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-11-15 18:33:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the hope! *
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-11-15 18:32:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post