We had to be great today
by NDLAW88 (2018-12-02 17:54:30)

We were good in the first half. Poor at best in the third. Not going to type what I think of our heart in the 4th.

Too many missed free throws. Poor boxing out leading to numerous second chance points. Lack of composure with the ball and the refs. Missed lay ups.

Worst of all, no heart on defense from Arike. Marina still getting her legs and could have used some rest but at least she battled.

JY missed a lot of shots she should have hit too but she battled (but her failure to box out Williams on that 3 point play was critical).

Ugh.

I don’t think “great” was needed, just not tough today
by 2ndstreeter  (2018-12-02 18:20:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t think this team has its identity yet. That may take awhile. UConn has an identity and now they have their mojo back.

UCONN never lost its mojo
by NDLAW88  (2018-12-02 18:28:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They lost to us in the Final Four on a great shot by Arike. They had the number one overall recruits from the past two years available today. And a lot of help at the end from the refs. But I'm not sure why everyone thought UCONN was coming in wounded just because we beat them once in a row.