I’m a bit concerned about them
by 2ndstreeter (2018-12-02 21:25:27)

In reply to: OK I've waited a couple of hours...a few thoughts  posted by NOBBYDOMER

A veteran team that seemed to learn so much about themselves on the way to the NC having an epic meltdown could indicate a number of possible issues. I’m hoping it was just something that calls for some soul searching and refocusing. Getting embarrassed at home on a national stage will do that.

We miss Kat and Koko
by Orangutan  (2018-12-02 21:34:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People forget that they were 1/3rd of the 6 that won the NC. And they were both calm, steady veteran presences that did the little things.

I trust this team will find it's way in time. But it may be a more arduous journey than some expected.

Boy, Was I Thinking That During the Game Yesterday
by dillon77  (2018-12-03 15:10:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kat in particular.

Her ability to help keep the motion offense going from the high post would've come in handy yesterday: the high-low pass, the ball reversal to the weak side, the baby jumper, even the scoop layups.

And Koko's ability to mix it up and lay a body on someone.

Sometimes when one adds up those little things, they're pretty big.

Like you said, I think the tools are most certainly there and I'm sure MM would like to have them all around at the same time to get this souffle started. Glad there's a lot of basketball to be played.