Read what BB Junky is saying. He's not talking strategy,
by BabaGhanouj (2018-12-04 13:31:42)
Edited on 2018-12-04 18:51:01

In reply to: ND image  posted by BB Junky

figuring out roles, or even necessarily teamwork. He (and I and a few others) were embarrassed by the team's character, by the attitude of entitlement and immaturity, arrogance where there should be humility. First let's fix the character issue. That's a lot more important than wins. The team that showed up for the UConn game is not one I want to cheer for.

I understand that many may disagree—that ND can do no wrong, but don't misread his message.

I agree with everything you’ve said.
by 2ndstreeter  (2018-12-04 15:29:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think some measure, maybe quite a bit, of the public goodwill that was built up by the incredible performance by this team last season has been squandered by this overall performance so early in this season. No one can ever take away what they accomplished in March under the circumstances they had to overcome to even make it to the final four. That they were able to play at such a high level and be so focused, yet loose, all the way to the NC is a lasting testament of resilience and toughness to the team and staff.

I’m confident Muffet and the staff know what needs to be done. Each player needs to take individual responsibility and put the “team” first. As they say, there is no “I” in team, but if you’re not careful you can fall into the subtle trap of finding the “m” and “e” that are there.

Sadly, I believe you are correct. The performance/display
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2018-12-04 14:04:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was not something to be proud of. Not for WCB in general, and certainly not for Notre Dame. UConn played well. UConn played hard. Notre Dame complained too much and too long. And Arike was far too chippy. I missed her first foul (not called) on Dangerfield, but I saw it on Instagram yesterday and I was horrified. It certainly should have been a technical foul. The second one I saw when they showed the replay during the telecast (I had missed it live), but only saw it that one time and it didn't look that bad to me. But given the context (it occurred after the first uncalled tech), I am embarrassed.

Agreed....
by dillon77  (2018-12-05 07:55:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..the Oregon State plays were dubious, at best, too.

Don't quite know what's going on (self-imposed pressure plus her infamous competitiveness), but that's got to be redirected.

You're casting too wide a net. *
by Slotts  (2018-12-04 13:36:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are right, but that's as far as being prudent will allow *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-12-04 13:37:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

exactly
by BB Junky  (2018-12-04 13:47:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what I'm trying to talk about. My thought is MM saw it to and most certainly will give her team an attitude adjustment. This is the same program that used to invite the local girls down after each game to be a great example for them to achieve. I'm done with the rant....:-)