Remember Matyson Wilke from Recruitapalooza?
by dillon77 (2019-01-07 18:56:12)

She was the "other" 2021 recruit at Nielefest along with one Azzi Fudd.
While Azzi has gone on to conquer the world, Maty has -- along with her Beaver Dam High School teammates -- won state titles two years running and gotten noted in national high school rankings.

An ESPNw article, which I came across a bit late, focuses on the program, but does give information on Ms. Wilke:

"Matyson Wilke, a 5-9 sophomore shooting guard, leads the team in scoring (11.8) and is considered the best prospect on the team. She already has 28 college offers, including Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin and many more.

"She got her first offer in the seventh grade from North Dakota -- which is where her father played basketball and her mother attended.

"Everyone wants to talk about Maty," Chase said. "The buzz in our gym regarding her has been amazing. Her basketball IQ is off the charts.'"

I've not heard much about "mutual interest" in a bit between ND and the Wilkes. Maybe because she's a 5'9" shooting guard and MM is showing a preference for taller ones? Or it might be due to the plethora of big-name guards in the class before her (Bueckers, Clark) and in the same year (Fudd).
Still, ND has shown a penchant for staying in touch with that group for at least a bit, so let's see what happens with the Class of 2020.

Full article is linked....

My guess is that Alli Campbell's commitment makes a Wilke
by MPG  (2019-01-07 22:55:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

recruitment unlikely. ND will have a good collection of guards on the 2021 roster, especially if Bueckers, or Clark, or Deja Kelly join Alli for 2020.

Re: Bueckers.
by TWO  (2019-01-08 12:11:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like Lindsey Whalen is getting off to a good start at Minn. I wonder if Whalen can get Minn to where a 5 star like Paige would consider staying home and playing for her.

MN just lost to IL, a miserable team.
by PWK2  (2019-01-08 14:15:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, Whalen has had a good start at MN. But I don't think they will be in the top 25 at the end of the year. It's unlikely they will be in Paige's final three.

I think Paige will take a long hard look at Minnesota. She..
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-01-09 16:42:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is a big Whalen fan, and rightfully so. She might be enticed to "stay home" and help build that program.

Yes, I believe that Whalen's Gophers will be a contender for
by MPG  (2019-01-08 14:06:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Paige, along with that team from Storrs.

Just a meaningless tidbit I thought to share…
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-01-07 22:57:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in high school basketball throughout the nation this season, including all classes, Azzi Fudd is 20th in points per game with 28.4. Allison Campbell is right behind at 22nd nationwide with 28.0 points per game.

Reactions to MPG, Baba....
by dillon77  (2019-01-08 08:28:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good call...The Alli Campbell ascension is probably one reason Ms. Wilke will probably be looking at B1G schools down the line.

Another might that person with the 28.4 ppg average (just above Alli's)...Ms. Fudd.

Last determinant is what happens with the other Class of 2020 guards.

Still, I was wondering a bit what happened to the other Class of 2021 participant in Recruitapalooza. Go Beaver Dam!

Absolutely. We still haven't lost a Recruitapalooza recruit.
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-01-08 08:46:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have the same interest. Thanks for posting. We know we can't win them all, but it's fun to keep in touch with the extraordinary group.

Got both from 2019, but can't take all 7 from 2020
by NDoggie78  (2019-01-08 10:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would be nice to get at least 3 from that 2020 class:
Allison Campbell already committed, add Paige and Caitlin and one of the "bigs"
And if that happens, we would probably only take Azzi from the 2021 Nielefest visitors

Nielefest had 11 visitors and we have 3 already headed to the Irish - pretty productive weekend
Wonder if they will try this again this coming Fall?
Bring the 2020s again, add a few more 2021s, and bring in the 2022s

Alli Campbell was pictured with an ND "Underclass Day"
by MPG  (2019-01-08 14:13:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lanyard for an event that seemed to occur last summer. No one has uncovered any group pictures from it, so we don't know who else attended.