I wonder if she’ll turn the corner this season
by 2ndstreeter (2019-01-13 15:35:50)

In reply to: Nixon is still a turnover machine *  posted by ufl

That’s the weak point right now

It's hard to see an upward trend.
by ufl  (2019-01-13 15:38:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe the light will go on suddenly.

I think her defense is marginally better than her
by PWK2  (2019-01-13 20:53:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

first few games. Maybe 5% better. I still don't think it's adequate.

Nixons defense
by hempfield75  (2019-01-14 02:54:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do not think her defense is that bad for a freshman...Yes we need to see improvements and she is...Fortunately, she has team mates where improvement steps can be small...You can see her reaction on the court when she makes a mistake...She is really hard on herself. Besides it is the coaches job to bring her along at the needed pace...I believe she is averaging around 17 minutes a game...That is pretty good for a freshman...Look at Vaughn and especially DP....Dani last year did not see the floor much...Even though both have shown improvements,,,they do not get the minutes as Nixon...If MM was truly not happy with her. I guarantee you she would be on the bench...I remember watching Jackie getting pulled from games and sitting the bench her freshman year....I was concerned she would get frustrated not improve and or transfer....That is my biggest fear...

SEG/Chief

I thought I saw Nixon show something new.
by sixtythreer  (2019-01-13 19:58:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On two occasions Nixon took the ball down the lane to the basket. This is the first time I can recall seeing her go with the speed she showed today. This is the first time I thought she looked really quick.

Taking the Ball Down Court
by hempfield75  (2019-01-13 20:43:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your right she did...Not just the speed but quickness...Which tells me she is gaining confidence in her abilities...Now for the bad news...Seems she is also following the example of her fellow players in missing layups...

SEG/Chief

It is somewhat harder to make layups when you get
by sixtythreer  (2019-01-13 23:15:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

clobbered when you try to shoot. I felt Louisville's game plan was to foul the heck out of any of our girls going in for a layup. Rather than conceding a probable two, I felt that they were hoping for a "no call," or that we might miss at least one of two free throws.

Louisvilles Game Plan is to be Physical
by hempfield75  (2019-01-14 02:19:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It has been brought up by ESPN...Posters this site and I believe whats his name even mentioned on the post interview...

SEG/Chief

It's the Pitino philosophy "They won't call all of them"
by NDoggie78  (2019-01-14 08:50:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you have 10-12 players, you have 50-60 fouls. I think officials get tired of blowing their whistle or think they have to try to keep the foul number equal - both of which benefit Louisville