Or Walker at her finest. When's the last time that happened? *
by BabaGhanouj (2019-01-17 11:23:23)

In reply to: UConn’s Megan Walker outscores entire Tulane team  posted by RISteve

This user did not provide content for this post

by RISteve  (2019-01-17 12:04:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

According to STATS, she is the first Division I player -- male or female -- to outscore the entire opposing team in a conference game since Cincinnati's Steve Logan outscored Southern Miss 41-37 on Feb. 15, 2002.

I suspect the dinkasaurous coach could have removed her from a blowout win

It was Geno's doing
by tsl4264  (2019-01-17 12:21:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Walker scored 6 of her 34 points by hitting a 3-pointer with 5 minutes in the game and UCONN up by 31 points; and then hitting another 3-pointer with 3 and 1/2 minutes in the game and UCONN up by 38 points. Perhaps Walker is a selfish player and wanted to pad her stats at the end of the game at the expense of UCONN's bench players who play very few minutes; and/or Geno was trying to run up the score because UCONN had only scored 52 points in the first 3 quarters. The fact that Walker played 37 minutes and Samuelson played 35 minutes leads me to believe Geno wanted to run up the score for the sake of UCONN's season scoring average, which has dipped in the last few games, and Walker was happy to oblige.

Honestly, who cares about how Geno runs his team? He
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-01-18 16:19:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will prepare the team the way he believes is most beneficial and Muffet will do it her way. You cannot argue with Geno's success. I don't believe he is running up the score. There is no benefit to that in college basketball because we have a tournament. Maybe he thought Megan could use the ego boost to improve her confidence going forward. I truly believe that his eyes are on the prize, not on any margin of victory trophies or individual player accolades.

This. *
by Tim Kelley  (2019-01-17 12:24:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Proving he has the most punchable face in sports *
by graNDfan  (2019-01-17 13:17:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The object of every comic is to induce partial upchuck. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-01-17 13:38:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice Line. Sounds Like Something Larry David Would Say! *
by dillon77  (2019-01-17 15:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stolen from Seinfeld who probably stole it from David. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-01-17 15:24:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post