Definite Similarities To Jess Shepard
by dillon77 (2019-01-18 10:07:19)
Edited on 2019-01-18 16:01:05

In reply to: Well ND's offense did shred Iowa on 11/29, 105-71  posted by NDoggie78

- Very strong rebounder
- Passes Well (had 6 assists last night again Michigan)
- Works hard overall, but works really hard to establish position in the low post.
- And once she gets the hall, the soft hook from either side is virtually unstoppable, like Jess.
- Nice J from the foul line.

Down side:
- First steps not as quick as Jess
- Does not have ability to get up and down the court as quickly as, say, Brianna, but she does run (no walking that I've seen)
- At the next level, she won't have quite the size advantage against some of the WNBA's larger centers that she's had in the B1G. In fact, she'll be at a disadvantage against the Griners and Fowles of the world.

But I think she could definitely be an asset to a WNBA team that likes to run a set offense due to her work ethic and finely honed technique. Could see her making a roster for sure. And maybe more....

Compare that to McCowan and what her coach said about her just last night:

"Teaira McCowan -- she's one of the all-time greatest when she's hooked up and playing," (MSU Coach Vic) Schaefer said. "She's been really interested the last two ballgames. I like this side of T. She's been really interested, very focused on technique and very determined."

You won't have to worry about Gustafson "being interested."