Disagree regarding JY and this is why she should come back.
by Domerduck (2019-03-14 12:53:01)

In reply to: Mock Draft  posted by hempfield75

The 4 women who are ahead of Jackie on this mock draft bring lots of skills each like Jackie, but more importantly they are CLEARLY the alpha & leader on their team. They always are willing to take the big shots and take responsibility when the game is on the line. They inspire their teammates to play better. If you combined Jackie and Arike, that would be the #1 pick for this or any WNBA draft.

That said Jackie can be #1 (even over Sabrina) if she stays one more year when she must be the alpha for ND to win. She has been a victim of the talent around her, but I am sure coaches understand she is the utmost "servant of the game" which makes her coachable and special. Still that asset has had her deferring to her teammates especially with Arike on the team, but also the other seniors. Next year everyone will know this is Jackie's team...so stay. I also like MPG's 3 reasons for her to stay. If ND wins the ACC next year and makes a long run in the NCAA, Jackie will appropriately be given the credit as team leader.

Also here's specifically why the other 4 are ahead of her and how this recent year helped them. Asia Durr's stock rose since she played this year without Hines-Allen and the team and her still excelled. McCowan played this year without 1st team AA Vivians and they seem just as good and maybe better. Anigwe had a 30/30 which hasn't happened in 16 years. She is really the only elite talent on that Cal team that beat Stanford and has been competitive in a tough PAC12 conference. Sabrina is a triple double machine, breaking all the NCAA records-men or women, and has been the primary reason Oregon is now a national power for only their 3rd year ever.

One other quibble I have with your post is that as much as I love Jess, Alanna Smith is more talented, quicker, and has a deadly 3 point shot. She is Stanford's best player by far and can play multiple positions. She's a slam dunk first round WNBA pick. Jess is a great passer, scorer,and strong under the basket. She might sneak in the first round, butI can't quibble with the 13 women who are in front of her in this mock draft.

Replies: