No, we will have the most. Our problem won't be raw talent
by Fighting_Artichoke (2019-04-08 23:59:40)
Edited on 2019-04-09 00:04:51

In reply to: Will any ACC team have as many McD AA’s as us next year?  posted by GoIrish01

But rather experience. Dani really hasn't played very much at all and she will be our senior member (as a junior). Then we'll have Nixon as a sophomore. Finally we will have 3 freshman former McDonald's AA (redshirt freshman Gilbert, and true freshman Brunelle and Peoples).

We will be the youngest team around unless we get transfers:

0 Seniors
1 Junior (Patterson)
4 Sophomores (Vaughn, Nixon, Prohaska and Cosgrove)
3 Freshman (Gilbert, Brunelle and Peoples).

And only a few spot starts among the entire lot. Lots of on-the-job training next season. Muffet likes to solve puzzles, but right now I think she's a few pieces short.

Won't be surprised
by IrishfaninTX  (2019-04-09 00:16:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Anaya comes in and starts right away and looks like a veteran, similar to Skylar and Lindsey a few years ago. She just looked so good in the AA game compared to most players. I think we will need her to play sooner than Sam. We just may want Sam's shooting ability, but we do have 2 post players so Sam won't necessarily be needed as much. But I think the guards will have to be Anaya, Katlyn, and Abby because there is literally no one else. I'm hoping Jordan loses that nervousness because I think she can be good.

My biggest worry is recruiting. If we have that many young players starting, how do we convince players who want to play right away to come to ND? I think it could hurt 20 and 21 for sure.

Does this force Muffet to change her ways?
by NDLAW88  (2019-04-09 08:58:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe be less of a perfectionist/worrier and just let them play?

Your suggested approach worked with last year’s NC team. *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-09 12:36:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish she would change her ways recruiting
by NDoggie78  (2019-04-09 11:55:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because of injuries, transfers, and early departures we have had rosters of scholarship players (available to play) with these numbers:
Last year - 7
This year - 10
Next year - 8

I know she likes the number to be 11-12 (with 15 available)
It's time to up that number by 1 or 2 to allow for these contingencies
You can't always assume there will be a transfer available. If Jess hadn't gotten immediate eligibility we would have had to play last year with 6

if she doesn't, she will be wearing a coat
by ram  (2019-04-09 11:38:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with no sleeves before the season ends

Sam
by hempfield75  (2019-04-09 04:36:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is a good chance she will be slotted as a 3. Unless we get a transfer,
I believe she will be our starer. Without transfers. I would believe
starter will look like this (just a guess)

5- Vaughn
4- Dani
3- Sam/Abby
2- Peoples/Gilbert
1- Gilbert/Jordan

Bench 4/5 Danielle 1/2 Cole w/o Benz W/O

I am hoping that sometime before they graduate they are given a scholar-
ship. They have given a tremendous a lot to the program. If approved and
I can not see why not. This will be the third year for these 2 unself
players. They give a lot but ask nothing in return. That is giving to
a program. MM please award these 2 unself loyalist with a scholarship.

SEG/Chief