A few interesting A Anderson nuggets today
by RISteve (2019-04-09 08:00:42)
Edited on 2019-04-09 08:02:30

Worst FG shooting game of season was Sunday. FT and 3 pt shooting kept them alive

Defense allowed highest FG percentage against for the entire season

Ft Wayne is hosting one of the 4 regionals next year. Yes, Ft Wayne. Hmmm.

Those 1st two things sure smell like fatigue to me. *
by Jon  (2019-04-09 10:06:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many variables but I give alot of credit to Baylor *
by nd67  (2019-04-09 15:58:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Smells like 6'7" and 6'4" and very talented to me *
by Kayo  (2019-04-09 13:37:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I smell the same thing. *
by CJC  (2019-04-09 16:10:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those are certainly revealing data points.
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-09 12:32:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here’s my take. We essentially lost the game in the first quarter when they outscored ND by eleven. In that first quarter we hit just one of our first 13 shots. If you subtract that 1-13 from the total game shots attempted and made, the team shot 45%over the rest of the game. They were still only down by 12 when Cox went out, so ND had played them even after the 1st Q until that point late in the 3rd Q.

With Cox out they then outscored Baylor by 10 in the 4th to lose by 1. That doesn’t look like fatigue to me, it looks like a lack of focus to start the game. Bad shots, missed open shots, careless turnovers and poor defense, many of the same traits that were apparent in opening quarters against much less talented teams down the stretch of the season.

Why they may have not been focused for the start of the NC game is anyone’s guess I suppose.

My take
by IrishfaninTX  (2019-04-10 14:34:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think this is the first really good defensive team they have played this year and it took them a full quarter to figure out the twin towers. We kept trying to drive and it didn't work and it seemed Baylor couldn't miss. A shame we couldn't take advantage, more than we did, when Cox went out.