Here is the press release. Bill Scholl formerly of ND is the
by MPG (2019-04-10 10:41:33)

In reply to: Megan Duffy named Marquette WBB HC. *  posted by rockbrig97

AD at Marquette. Megan has all the basketball knowledge and personal qualities needed for success at a high level of coaching. Her career has been a series of strategic moves. She could be a worthy successor to Muffet when the time comes.

A Milwaukee newspaper article yesterday listed five prospects for the Marquette job. The list included Carol Owens, but not Megan Duffy.

I just noticed that Marquette signed eight frosh for 2019.
by MPG  (2019-04-10 10:58:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Megan will have an interesting first year at MU!

Hah! I included that , too!. Local prospect is key. *
by dillon77  (2019-04-10 10:59:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was only seven seconds behind your post! *
by MPG  (2019-04-10 11:01:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another Positive Step Up for Megan
by dillon77  (2019-04-10 10:58:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...since she started coaching:

- St. John's (worked for Kim Barnes Arico)
- George Washington (recruiting coordinator, guards coach for Jonathan Tsipis)
- Michigan (guards coach for Arico)
- HC at Miami University of Ohio (two consecutive 20-wins seasons in her first -- and only -- two years)

While Marquette was losing a starting lineup of all five starters (see, we're not the only one), former coach Carolyn Kieger was bringing in a class of 8 prospects, including highly rated guard Shemara Williams from Milwaukee. Williams was apparently upset that Kieger was leaving, so Megan might want to take an Uber over to house after the press conference.

Interestingly, while Carole Owens was listed on the interview list for that game, Megan and Neile were for the Georgia Tech job that went to Nell Fortner (excuse me, I'm still scratching my head a bit...).

In any case, great move for Megan. If she continues to do well, it will give Notre Dame another quality choice for a MM successor when that time comes.