Up-Tempo, Looking to Go Pro: Sure Sounds Like ND....
by dillon77 (2019-04-13 09:24:58)
Edited on 2019-04-13 09:56:07

In reply to: Sidney Cooks  posted by badelman

...could be a possible landing spot.

Here's an article from her hometown Kenosha Paper (thanks to ndhoops recruits for the link).

Pace: While our starters will change, I'm sure the plan to rebound the ball and get it out will continue.

Getting Ready for Pro Ball: Carol Owens does a great job of helping our posts take the next step: Dev Peters, Ace, Bri, Jess. Arike repeatedly praises the coaching staff during interviews.

Majors: Psychology, check. Don't remember pre-law when I was there, but there certainly are other areas that could sustain her interest.

Like you/others have said, Ms. Cooks got to see how ND would address both of those interests first-hand while she was in South Bend in March.

BTW, Marquette ran a very up-tempo pace, as well, under Diane Kieger and Megan Duffy prefers to push the pace, as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Megan places a phone call.

That article seems to have ND in invisible ink as a good
by MPG  (2019-04-13 10:16:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

match for Sidney. She also saw ND several times this year in March and way back in November when the Irish and MSU scrimmaged. Obviously the success of Jessica Shepard at ND would loom large, given Sidney's stated goals.

One Can Only Hope, Right?
by dillon77  (2019-04-13 10:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the other hand, hopefully MM/Niele/Carol and Ms. Cooks are/will be ascertaining some kind of "mutual interest."

And, hopefully, Ms. Marshall has/is scheduling that Official Visit.

Miss Cook
by hempfield75  (2019-04-13 18:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you mention that she would have 2 years of eligibility left? If so, that
would give what MM has been looking for in pairing up with a possible
Marshall (if she selects ND) for 2 years.

Than lets just add in Westbrook for sugar coating. Oh basketball gods,
please hear our prayers. We thank you in advance.

SEG/Chief

Yup. Two Years of Eligibility...
by dillon77  (2019-04-13 18:42:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..would have to probably sit out a year. If your read that article in her hometown paper, there does not seem to have any hardship with the MSU program (which I would expect...good coach). Just wants a change of program.

Let's cross fingers and think the proverbial good thoughts!

It is PaybackTime To US
by hempfield75  (2019-04-14 20:02:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the info. Now I hope this turns in our favor.

...Maybe MSU and ND are in the exchange program business. We send them a
post and they send us a post in return.

...I thought she might have to sit out a year. Do not remember reading
anything saying she was having a hardship at MSU.

...Hopefully she decides to attend ND. Either way, wish her and MSU all
the luck. That is until MSU plays us of course.

SEG/Chief